Act of Contrition
CCC 1451 Among the penitent's acts contrition occupies first place. Contrition is "sorrow of the soul and detestation for the sin committed, together with the resolution not to sin again."
An important part of the Sacrament of Reconciliation is the person's sorrow for what he or she has done. This sorrow
is expressed in a prayer called an act of contrition which is said after we
have confessed our sins. There are many forms of this prayer, the one below is commonly taught to young people, although simple it contains all that is needed:
Oh
my God,
because
you are so good,
I
am very sorry that I have sinned against you,
and
by the help of your grace,
I
will try not to sin again.
CCC 1451 Among the penitent's acts contrition occupies first place. Contrition is "sorrow of the soul and detestation for the sin committed, together with the resolution not to sin again."
